Latest COVID-9 travel updates
Due to the global situation caused by COVID-19, we want to inform you that a contingency plan has been activated which include, among other measures, teleworking in order to ensure the health of our staff and clients. In this sense, we apologize in advance for the delays that this situation may cause you and we appeal to your collaboration and understanding, in case there is a delay with any procedure.
JTG – Jumbo Tours Group is constantly monitoring the current situation. That is why we have created this page dedicated to updating all the official statements provided by the different governments where alarm states and/or lock down have been imposed.
Our Operations and Product team is in active contact with all the hotels involved. We fully understand that this is a truly complex time for all of us who operate in the industry and are committed to doing everything we can to support it:
CURRENTLY, A GLOBAL FORCE MAJEURE IS IN PLACE UNTIL JUNE 15th (see exclusions below)
- This action has been taken with the best intention, for the tourism sector and travellers themselves and is subject to periodic reviews, depending on how the situation evolves.
- Please note there are some exclusions, refer to the table below for more details.
Last update 05/05/2020 18:25
|Destinations excluded||Arrival dates (inclusive)||Date cancelled (inclusive)|
|Domestic North and Latin America||March 17th – March 31st||March 17th (March 18th APAC) to March 18th (19th in APAC)|
|Domestic Guatemala, Domestic Mexico, and Domestic Cuba||March 19th – March 31st||March 19th (March 20th APAC) or later|
|Domestic Mainland China||April 16th – April 30th||April 01st (April 02nd APAC) or later|
|May 01st – May 15th||April 17th or later|
|May 16th – May 31st||April 28th or later|
The above applies to refundable and non-refundable reservations with the following exceptions (for the moment):
- Reservations where the traveller has already reached the destination (providers can claim payment for these reservations).
- Domestic reservations for Guatemala, Cuba, and Mexico cancelled before April the 1st.
Keep in mind:
- “Domestic” refers to reservations in which both the country of origin where the reservation was made and the destination country are the same.
- However, reservations cancelled in periods prior the Global Force Majeure period, or before the various extensions of the Global Force Majeure were announced, will be subject to provider approval and will be processed in due course (please note that there is currently a significant overload of requests).
- Due to the sanitary measures and guidelines that each government and / or local administration, as well as hotels have established to protect travellers through social distancing measures, guests are likely to find the facilities generally available; spa, gym, pool, buffet or other services may not be available. We apologize for any inconvenience that this inevitable change may cause and under this scenario of Global Force Majeure JTG will not be held responsible for these services not available.
- It is the responsibility of the traveller to choose the most appropriate rates, whether flexible or non-refundable, as well as the accommodation establishment with possible restrictions and partial closings of services, according to their needs in view of the current travel restrictions of COVID- 19 and under Global Force Majeure. Therefore, for any cancelled reservation whose service is for dates after the end of the country blockade, the cancellation terms that were informed at the time of booking will apply.
Confirmed lockdown countries.
We would also like to notify you that we have adapted our system to those countries whose governments have taken measures to force the closure of hotels.
- Only reservations in those countries and between the dates indicated in the table below will be proactively CXL by JTG – Jumbo Tours Group.
- Outside these dates, it is your responsibility to carry out the cancellation into our system o via API before the travel date.
- In these cases where the CXL is not proactive but on your part, it is likely that the system will automatically generate expenses, for example in cases of non-refundable rates, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the exemption of these expenses detailing the references.
- We kindly ask you to follow this process. We will not attend any exemption from cancellation expenses that have not been made before the travel date and expressly requested or that do not comply with the indicated parameters.
So far, this included the following countries and periods (subject to revision and extension)
Last update 22/05/2020 13:25
|UPDATE||COUNTRY||STARTING DATE||ENDING DATE (1)||DE-ESCALATION|
|22.05.20||UNITED ARAB EMIRATES||19.03.20||De-escalation|
Once the country is no longer in an “alarm state or lockdown”, reservations will not be cancelled proactively by JTG, it will be your responsibility to cancel it in our systems or via API, and request the exception of the cancellations fees, within the deadline established in each country, by sending an email to their usual operations contact before the arrival of the customer.